Do any of you struggle with frizzy roots/crown area? Leave a heart "🖤" below if you do.
I've been doing a lot of research lately on this topic for a future YouTube video that is coming soon😏 I also will be trying a praised diy treatment that will help with my crown area. ⠀⠀
Tips I can give you now on the matter that you can apply to your regimen today☺️👇🏽
• Keep your hair and scalp as clean as you possibly can without drying it out of course. (Clay wash, co wash, & moisturizing shampoos are are great options outside of clarifying or sulfate shampoos.) ⠀⠀
• Deep conditioning should NOT be skipped. Deep conditioners are designed to penetrate the hair shaft and deliver proteins and/or nutrients to help impart moisture, prevent damage, improve texture, promotes elasticity, and add shine.
• Properly moisturize your hair after you rinse out your conditioners. Layering your products such as leave in sprays or creams, butters, and oils will help your hair retain moisture. Apply your products in smaller sections to see best results. Try methods like the LOC or LCO(not limited to these methods) to see which combinations work best for you.
• Protective styling may aid tremendously in retaining moisture as well as protecting your crown from the outside elements that may negatively affect your hair. It is also used to put over manipulating or styling to a halt for a period of time. The result is less breakage, less damage=length retention.
• Protect your hair from the sun! It's summer time and I know many of you like to wear wash n goes. I've been researching how the sun affects our hair and so far I've gathered that overexposure to UV rays tends to suck the life out of natural hair. It damages the hair cuticle, which results in dry hair making it more prone to breakage. I used to notice how me and my sisters' hair would look lighter during the summer time usually after the pool. I recently found out that the sun makes our hair prone to photobleaching. So yeah the sun was bleaching our hair lol. Now they're are hair products on the market to help you fight against these UV rays.
Do yourself a favor and protect your skin and hair from the sun ☺️