Part 1 ~I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.~
Failure on the raw vegan diet for a lot of people is inevitable. Let me tell you from my own experiences over the years I have found so many ways to fail. Whether it’s been bingeing on cooked food (with rubbish,) over dosing on nuts or even eating dried fruit to excess. You maybe thinking, well the last two are still raw???? They may very well be, but to justify bingeing on dried fruits and raw nuts because it’s “raw,” when it doesn’t serve me in anyway, in fact it details me, it would have been one hundred times better for my health to eat steamed veggies. .
I want to share with you some of the reasons I have failed. .
1. Not eating enough! Eating enough on this lifestyle is paramount to success. .
2. Subconsciously wanting to fail! Afraid of success, afraid of feeling good, just fear itself and instead of admitting that I’m just not ready, I would sabotage my efforts and blame the diet. .
3. My extreme personality, there are balanced people in this world and I assure you I’m not one of them. I do most things to the extreme and I imprison myself so heavily. I become like a caged animal needing to get out. I try and remind myself of balance daily.
4. Over use of stimulating foods, these foods can cause triggers!!! Coconut amino’s, smoked paprika, onion powders, garlic, cacao (I’ve rarely used this) can all cause triggers! The cleaner you can get your diet the better. Fresh herbs, lemon juice, dried herbs (oregano,) the green of green onions, dehydrated celery powders are all fat better options and won’t leave you continuing to crave cooked food. .
5. Psychological cooked food cravings. This of course is all in my head. To distract myself from this I say “how can I make this lifestyle more fun?” Get creative with your meals. .
6. Lack of exercise!!! I get lazy!!! When i exercise my body naturally wants fruit. .
7. Lack of preparation! Fail to plan, plan to fail! .
8. Not allowing myself to shake the devil off my shoulder. 2 bananas, a handful of spinach in a blender usually gets him off. .
9. I’m missing out mentality! On what? Feeling like crap!
Today I made space for creativity. 🎨
For time with my thoughts.
For a beautiful hike. 🌲
Today I made time to sip my coffee,
To sleep in for as long as I wanted,
And have a slow, relaxing morning. ☕️
Today I made time and space for me. 💛
To do what I love. To do what makes me happy. 🙌🏻 It’s so important to create the time and space you need to do what makes you happy. Whether that’s taking a walk in nature, reading, it doesn’t have to be anything crazy! Just give yourself 30 minutes, that’s all! 30 minutes to do something you look forward to. Remember, when you take the time to rest and replenish your spirit, it creates space to take care of others too. 🌻
D(eats)👇🏻 PS, was seriously looking forward to this ALL week long. It’s that good. 😉
Riced cauli, spinach, banana, cinnamon, almond butter & @vitalproteins coco collagen creamer. 🍌🥥🌱
One last night and we’ll Finally be together again.. after nearly 6 weeks! But... only for 2 nights... 🙈 ahhhh who else has long periods of time apart?? It’s definitely something you get used to but then at the same time, I feel like it becomes harder and harder! Did you know @ricardochristie and I have kinda lived two different lives for the last 8 years.. a crazy roller coaster that comes with its pros and cons.. but wouldn’t have it any other way at this point of our lives.. chasing dreams. Lucky the back half of the year we’ll have more time together.. on the road but together.. ahhhh anyway we can’t wait to see you tomorrow! @ricardochristie 💕
You can always be gentler to you. You inherited punishment spirit. Endow those who come after you with self Love ways. What are some of your gentleness practices? Share here and add your kindling to the soul fire. @jaiyajohn
My newest book, Daughter Drink This Water, is online at booksellers. Audiobook exclusively at my website. Bio link.
Book a keynote, talk, healing circle, or book reading. Bio link.
If one of my books has touched you, write a review on Amazon, and I will gift you with a book of mine of your choice. Only review if you have truly read the book, please. DM me to let me know you have posted your review. Gratitude. Peace.